Nov 10, 2021, 12:49pm
Updated on: Nov 10, 2021, 3:34pm
• 2 medium heads garlic (cut in half)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and quartered
• 4 tablespoons butter, softened
• ½ cup heavy cream
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tsp. chopped parsley (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Drizzle garlic with olive oil, then wrap in aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
3. Add potatoes to a large pot of salted water. Bring to boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Once tender, Drain, and set aside. In the same pot add the cream and butter and cook until the butter melts.
4. While the butter is melting, using a potato ricer pass all the potatoes though the ricer in to a bowl.
5. Once the butter and cream mixture is ready add it to the bowl with the potatoes.
6. Remove the garlic from the oven. Squeeze the softened cloves into the potatoes (reserve one half for garnish). Season with salt and pepper.
7. Using a whisk, whisk until desired consistency is achieved. Garnish with more roasted garlic and parsley.